Wednesday, April 29, 2009

being sick totally sucks. especially since i am nose-blowing challenged and my nose is dripping to my knees. my left nostril is completely nonfunctioning. relief will come tomorrow when i can sit at work and not refill babas, and wait for puppies to potty, and chase my 3 yr old up the stairs 17 times until he goes to sleep, and hold both of my children at the same time because one of them is afraid the other will take me away for ever- thats what it means when brother sits on mommy's lap right?



why am i not in bed.



i need to go get into bed and finish Rockabye (by rebecca woolf, author of Girls Gone Child) which is getting entirely too dramatic for me. every chapter is turning into how she doesn't fit in with the "average" mom. and how she desperately never ever ever wants to be like the other mothers with the kids in the matching gap sweaters. listen here, rebecca... THEY WERE ON SALE.



i may be getting irritated because i have this peeve about people who try constantly to be unlike everyone else so bad that they turn self centered and judgemental and just plain annoying about it.



in this one chapter she talks about freaking out at a mommy and me play group while they are all sitting around singing songs like row your boat and the itsy bitsy spider. all the mothers were all the same and their kids were dressed all the same and she just couldnt take it. what? the itsy bitsy spider is an okay song... it never bothered me that its not indie. so she makes up her own words to these songs. whatever lady.



although this being indie and different and not fitting in part is annoying i really do love the rest of the book and her honesty about motherhood and unplanned parenting and brand new marriage. and she really is a great writer. and i love relating to her obsession with her son. but seriously, get over being unlike everyone else and just be comfortable in your own skin. i promise... no one cares.



maybe i'm just grumpy because my nose doesn't work.



boho chic baby clothes are pretty cute though, in all their not-a -gap-sweater glory.

check out rebecca's daughter Fable's darling outfits here if only i had the time to put this much thought into my kids' outfits. sweaters and tights and shoes and layers and oh my. my kids are lucky they have clean clothes. even if i did pull them out of the pile of clean laundry in the basket in the hall needing to be folded. which reminds me...

...Joshua?

1 comment:

  1. upload your pictures before you type and then it will be fine and if you do upload after you can always go back and take them out before you post it.

    ReplyDelete